Welcome to my little corner of the blogosphere to share the ups and downs of starting a craft business, with plenty of tips, mishaps and the odd glass of wine!

Tuesday 14 August 2012

Can't see the Wood for the Trees!


So, last week, just as I was getting well and truly stuck into the idea of Christmas crafting and concentrating on all things cold & snowy… I got an order from a good friend of mine Trev, to make 14 trophies for a triathlon that he runs every year at the end of August. It’s called The Big Woody (actually there are two, with the smaller version called The Little Woody) so all the trophies needed to be based on a tree theme!
I love the fact that Black Sheep Sports (the company my friend Trev runs) like to hire local people to make the trophies each year and am so proud that this time they’ve asked me!
Would y’all like a sneak peek of the trophies? Course you would!

3 stages of creation... trunk, leaves & writing
Summer Tree

Autumn Tree - this is my favourite colour combo!


The races take place a week on Saturday, so I can see that my sleep to coffee ratio is going to fall dramatically for the next week and a half!
I also have a Charity Fun Day at The Crown in Coleway (Forest of Dean!) that I’m attending this coming weekend, but will have to rely on the stock I had left over from the last fayre I did as I won’t have time to make any more… as I’m sharing my stall with a friend I’m not too worried as I’m sure between us we’ll have plenty of stock!
Oh and one more thing (I always feel rather like Columbo whenever I say that!) thought  you might like to see the finished Snowman stocking:




They’re now being listed in my Etsy shop

3 comments:

  1. I love the cross eyed snowman especially and good work with the trees too, trunks especially!
    Ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous, you're so clever. Not sure I want to think about Christmas in August though, haha. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh thank you both :-) I'm really enjoying making them (thank goodness!)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all comments made on the blog (it reminds me that I'm not talking to myself!) so just wanted to say thanks for adding your thoughts. Simmi x

Sharing Buttons