This is how I left it before I went away:
To be honest I was thinking of starting again as it just wasn't coming together, but then after a couple of weeks away, and with renewed vigour, it started to take shape:
And then once I added the customisation I was really pleased. And this is how it finally turned out:
I've also finally done something I've been meaning to try out for ages - a collage of photos - this one shows the two pictures I got from the customer as the brief, and the end result.
I'm really pleased with how well it's turned out, but next time I'll have a better idea how long a piece of custom work like this will take!
Even though I didn't write this specifically for Handmade Monday this week, I'm going to link it up as we've just got back from a weekend away and I don't want to miss this week out!!