Welcome to my little corner of the blogosphere to share the ups and downs of starting a craft business, with plenty of tips, mishaps and the odd glass of wine!

Sunday, 17 February 2013

6 Nations Rugby Felt Rose Brooch

I'm feeling a bit guilty this week as not only have I not done much crafting, due to half term, but I've also not posted since last week's Handmade Monday post.

I am going to try and blog more frequently, but in turn it involves remembering to take some pictures as I'm pretty sure the blog posts are more interesting if there's something to look at!

One day I'll get more organised :-)

In the mean time, this week's post, which is for the Handmade Monday link up over at Wendy's wonderful Handmade Harbour blog is about the 6 Nations Rugby.... I promise there is something crafty in there too though!

We are quite a big rugby supporting household - my husband is Irish, the kids were born in Wales and I support England, so there's always chaos, shouting and arguing here! This year my Dad and my Hubby were lucky enough to score tickets to see England v Ireland in Dublin (last weekend) so the kids and I stayed at home and watched the match on telly trying to catch a glimpse of Daddy and Grandad.

As the kids' England tops were too small to wear, I decided to kit them out in white tops and make them both an English Rose badge/brooch to wear.

Here's me in my England top:


Here's the work in progress shot whilst watching the rugby (trying very hard not to stab myself!):


Seren wearing her badge with pride:


Patrick refused to be photographed wearing his, so here's a pic of the finished item:


These are now available in my Etsy Shop and by midweek I'm hoping to have a daffodil added to the shop too as a couple of Welsh friends have pointed out that it's St David's Day in a couple of weeks and they'd like something patriotic to wear!

Have a great week - I'm heading over to Handmade Monday now to catch up on all my crafty friends' adventures. Simmi xx

Sharing Buttons