Welcome to my little corner of the blogosphere to share the ups and downs of starting a craft business, with plenty of tips, mishaps and the odd glass of wine!

Sunday 14 September 2014

How To Make Ribbon Storage For Your Craft Room

As you might have noticed, I like to use ribbons in quite a few of my items:


Rainbow Hanging Campers, Christmas Wreaths, Name Banners, Nautical Bunting, Weather Hanging Plushies, Poppy Keyring, Rainbow Plushie, Wedding Cuddly Camper & Huge Rainbow Cloud Mobile.

However, I have, like most of us I suspect, been battling with how to store my ribbons effectively and tidily.

They had got themselves (nothing to do with me, of course!) into this pickle:


In fact, that was only about half of them - the other half took me a long time to untangle!

I've had an idea floating around in my head since I saw this on Pinterest:


I liked this idea, but firstly I don't have a basket with holes in the sides and secondly I wanted to keep a lid on the ribbons to stop them getting dusty.

So I came up with this:


To Make a Ribbon Storage Box - You Will Need:

1 Shoe Box (or similar)
1 pair of Scissors
1 pair of jewellery making pliers (optional)
Rolls of Ribbons

Instructions:

Using the scissors, make a row of holes along one side of the box and one, by one, feed the end of a roll of ribbon through each hole.

It's easiest if you use something to poke the ribbon through the hole - I used a pair of split ring jewellery pliers:


And you end up with this gorgeous and tidy collection!


I'm very pleased with the outcome and it's already come in handy for the latest candle mat I'm making (more on that in the next post)

This will get added to the Tutorials Page on the blog, where you can check out the other tutorials you might like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate all comments made on the blog (it reminds me that I'm not talking to myself!) so just wanted to say thanks for adding your thoughts. Simmi x

Sharing Buttons